Monday, March 5, 2012

Steady My Heart

It's funny how the longer I've been on this journey of motherhood the more I have begun to realize that there are tons of ups and downs, highs and lows, imperfections (in me, my husband, my kids), unbelievable joys and moments of sheer happiness, and days when it seems nothing goes right.  I guess that is life, right? But sometimes when you are just in the 4 walls of your house things get magnified. It can be hard to see the forest for the trees.  Also I have learned that in different stages of motherhood you have less or more time for really digging into the Word.  Some days when both kids get a long afternoon nap I am able to spend more time, and other days I sort of squander that time with mindless activities to "escape."  Other days it's more of a verse in the morning, lots and lots of prayers, a quick devotion here or there.  Anyway, I'm so glad that on the roller coaster of life God is the force that steadies my heart.  He is good, always!  He loves me and my family, always!  He has a plan for us, always!  He steadies me.

Steady My Heart
Kari Jobe

Wish it could be easy
Why is life so messy
Why is pain a part of us
There are days I feel like
Nothing ever goes right
Sometimes it just hurts so much

But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You

Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
Cause I know that You are
Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
You steady my heart

I'm not gonna worry
I know that You got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that You plan

And I will run to You
You're my refuge in Your arms
And I will sing to You
Cause of everything You are

0 comments: