Another month has come and gone. Now is about the time when I pull the blanket over my head and say, "Nope! He won't be one in a couple months, no way!" ;) And on a side note, I really need to do a better job of snapping some pics between now and then! The baby book is lookin' a little scant for the past couple of months... poor second child. :)
It's a fun and busy stage that JB is in right now (I think I may have been saying that for a few months, but oh well! I think that from 6 months on that's kind of how it goes for babies). Here are a few of the high points:
- Cruising and pulling up on just about anything
- JB will get brave from time to time and pull away from the furniture for second to stand up
- Pushing behind chairs and those little toys that you can push around the room
- Not a new thing, but JB is easily "spooked" haha. I know it is terrible to laugh at, but it is kinda hilarious that if he is in another room and you walk in on him while he is in his "zone" he totally will let out a shrill scream. He's my sweet and sensitive guy ;)
- Loves dancing and bee-boppin' to whatever music is playing
- He is getting good at initiating a game of peek-a-boo with a blanket or burp cloth, waving hi and bye, and doing excited arms or all-done
- Much to mommy's chagrin, waking up usually once a night with random crying- think he's getting his molars, but unfortunately he just has to cry a bit and then will go back to sleep ;( in good Oehlschlaeger form, it takes like a month for my kids' teeth to come in....
- Still thinks most table foods are gross, but he loves to eat yogurt (good for hiding fruits and veggies) and cheerios from a snack trap. JB also sports his own cup now, but prefers his sister's haha. Still nursing and getting bottles now about half and half.
- Nine (... ok almost 10 month) stats from well visit: 22.2 lbs, 28 3/4 inches = Average size for a baby sumo. Future wrestler or linebacker?? At any rate, we think your baby rolls are quite adorable and look awesome on you, kiddo!