Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our first trip away...

Ben and I were in Branson, MO with the choir kids last weekend. We were so blessed to have my mom come down and take care of Emme. I knew she would be in great hands and that helped ease any fears I had of leaving her for 4 days! We had a great time. The weather was absolutely beautiful and even though we were surrounded by high schoolers (they are really excellent students) we felt like we were on vacation.  We are always surprised by the amount of things you can squeeze in to a short amount of time without a diaper bag, feedings, car seats, and such!  We visited Lamberts (home of the thrown rolls), Silver Dollar City, the Hard Luck Cafe (the servers sing to you), Dixie Stampede, and stayed at a gorgeous resort (we were quite impressed with the accommodations given it was a school-sponsored trip).  Of course I don't have any photos to show- but I promise you it was a phenomenal trip.  I would love to go back- Branson is a super family friendly town.  The drive back on Sunday was the only part that got me! By that point I was SOOO ready to see my little girl!

While we were gone my mom took Emme to take pictures in the bluebonnets. Mom said that Emme was more interested in examining the flowers than smiling- but I love this shot :)



0 comments: