Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Childproof

Most of you mommies out there have probably seen or used these lovely little morsels- Humphrey's "3" all natural teething tablets.  Some people swear by them.  We have used them from time to time to help with the teething process, although I never really noticed anything super magical.  Anyway, we keep them by the diaper stuff and Emme likes to play with the bottle (which makes a nice little maraca noise) while I change her.

Recently Em and I have taken to spending an hour or more outside after lunch and before nap. She is more than happy to play with toys and enjoy the sunny, warm weather- and I can usually get in a chapter or two (bonus of not having a totally mobile baby yet! He he!)

So apparently I didn't notice that Em was still holding on to her little maraca before we headed out the door to the front yard.  Clearly I was lulled by the sound of the shaker because probably 15 minutes after being out there I hear her making a little sucking noise and look over to see she has unscrewed the lid (I personally think that takes some serious fine motor skills!), poured out all of the teething tablets- and started going to town. (I should add that they are totally harmless- and I think I saved her before she had managed to eat too many!) 

Before kids I used to get annoyed by all of the childproof lids... now... well lets just say I have a different opinion!  Guess I've got her new trick for story time! (Just kidding)

0 comments: