Another month has just flown by! It is time to update the blog and the baby book... which I really need to work on!!
- Let's just cut to the important stuff... drum roll... JB started sleeping through the night at about 12 weeks old! Woo hoo! We started having Daddy give him a bottle at 10 or 10:30 and that seemed to help him sleep through most of the night. Then on Super Bowl Sunday, he randomly slept straight through the 5 am feeding, and has been doing that ever since. Can you tell that sleep makes me really happy? Here is a picture taken the morning that I found him still sleeping happily at 8:15 or so. He still has nights where he eats at 5 but overall, I'd say we are "sleeping thru the night"
- JB is starting to move towards a more extended feeding schedule during the day. Just recently he has begun taking about an hour nap in the morning and then going down around 1 or 1:30 and sleeping for 2-3 hours. Then he catches a cat nap in the evening before bed time at 8 or 8:30.
- This little guy also decided to give up his swaddle and using the paci over a couple of days last week. He just found his thumb and already seems pretty attached... hence he gets super upset (which was a clue to me because it takes a lot to ruffle his feathers) if you try to wrap him up or force a pacifier into his mouth most of the time (much to his sister's chagrin).
- Gone are the days of snuggling with mama before naptime or nightime- since he doesn't like to be swaddled anymore, JB prefers that I just set him straight in his crib when he is tired. Not a bad thing, I know- but I do miss those sweet moments with him!!
- I couldn't believe it, but JB has started laughing! I wasn't expecting to get treated to giggles so early- but a couple of weeks ago he let out a belly laugh when I was tickling his sides, and now he will laugh for funny faces, peek-a-boo sounds, and pretty much anything that could be considered silly. He is a very easy laugher (that doesn't sound like a word to me, but oh well!)
- JB is pulling on his toys on the play mat and will reach for the toys on the bouncer as well. The playmat is honestly one of his favorite places to be during the day. He loves the lights and making the rattles shake. Tummy time is also fun for him. He will happily play on his boppy pillow and likes to watch what his sister is doing from there. Emme enjoys tummy time too- haha!
- JB loves for you to sing to him or do patty cake. His face just lights up with a huge smile!
- In true boy form, he has started to make some pretty serious sound effects and blow big bubbles. Cute stuff :)
- JB is seriously centimeters away from rolling over back to belly. That will be fun to see soon.
I love, love, love my sweet boy and enjoy every second with him. Here he is with Mr. Giraffe