Saturday, October 20, 2012
Sunday, October 14, 2012
What are you up to these days, brother bear?
- Probably the biggest thing has been a change in your eating. You are now nursing only in the morning and maybe a little at bedtime. The other 3 feedings are bottles, and we are feeding you table foods first most of the time. I won't call you a picky eater... but let's just say you like your fruits and yogurt the best.
- Still working on those molars!!
- Just generally adorable. You have this ability to go-with-the-flow just like your Daddy. When we are out you get lots of comments about your easy demeanor; it is true, and I take zero credit. We were at a restaurant and this sweet older man came up to you and gave you a dollar bill, because he said you were so cute and charming you deserved to be paid, haha.
- You have started trying to repeat a lot of things we do and say. You made "touchdown" arms today when Daddy was watching the Cowboy game ;) You can say "banana" and "night-night".
- Everything can be turned into a phone. From your hand, to a remote, to a random toy or book. You will put it up to your ear and say, "Hi Dad." every.time.
- You LOVE to follow your sister around and play with her. If you get up before Emme's room time is over you will often crawl to her door and cry for me to open it. One of your favorite things is when Emme gets in the cozy coupe and you can "push" her around in it. You love to read books with us, and be a part of every activity we do.
- You like to repeat animal noises like the lion and the elephant.
- Busy, really, really busy. If there is a drawer you will open it, cabinet you will slam it, door you will push it open, toilet paper roll..... well you can imagine. You spend a bit of time every day in the exersaucer or play pen so mommy can get a minute where you aren't all over the place. You seem to be fine with that. Cooking dinner with you in the kitchen was getting a little crazy ;)
Posted by The O's at 10:44 PM
We had a fun couple of weekends. At the end of September we went as a family to the State Fair of Texas. It had been a rainy Friday and Saturday, and Sunday was also overcast- so when we headed out Sunday afternoon, we enjoyed a nearly crowdless time at Fair Park. The cooler temperatures and lots of open space made the day one of the best we've experienced in our yearly pilgrimages ;)
Our list of "to-do's" at the Fair is pretty small. We've learned since having kids to hit those "important" things first, and then everything else is a bonus haha. Our first stop was Fletcher's corny dogs. Yummy!! After that, we made our way to the little kid's farming area. Emme loves getting to give seed to the animals, pretend to grow crops, harvest, ride the little tractors... and of course the best part is getting to cash in for a snack at the little convenience store at the end.
We sampled a few other delectable fair foods: chocolate candy covered bacon, fried autumn pie, corn on the cob... good stuff!!
We got to go to the petting zoo, car show, take a pic with Big Tex, and even catch a little bit of the Irish Dancers and Uncle Kraker concert. We were rockin' like it was 2001 haha. Emme also got to go on 3 kiddie midway rides. The flying elephants were a fan favorite. JB got some quality stroller time and chilled out watching the many interesting people. All in all, a super day!
Posted by The O's at 10:09 PM
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Nothing novel here, nothing new. But lately I've felt the Lord tugging on my heart to again pursue a simple, less distracted, more focused, and intentional lifestyle. One of the things He has been teaching me about is finding a quiet place of rest.
Some of the Scriptures that have been particularly challenging me:
Posted by The O's at 9:05 PM