Summer is here and JB is officially 7 months old. The end of the school year was sort of a whirlwind of activity, and now we've been enjoying a more relaxed pace as a family. I've just loved this month with my little guy. Swimming at the pool, playing outside, and just watching him grow and change have kept us all entertained.
A few highlights:
- JB now has 5 teeth. One on the bottom randomly popped in, and he worked for what seemed like weeks on his two front teeth...
- We are trying more solid foods, but "mommy milk" is still the food of choice. :) Green things are very questionable (other than avocado), rice cereal- still "meh", and fruits- well those are probably your best bet if you really want him to eat. He also seems to like the little mesh thingie that you can stick small pieces of food in- my current go-to is watermelon.
- Grabby, grabby, grabby!! That's the name of the game. He's also mastered the male "grunt."
- Lately it has taken like 45 minutes to an hour to get him down for bedtime. I think all the water and sunshine wears him out and he has a hard time staying awake long enough to finish eating, so it takes awhile. But once he's out we don't hear a peep for about 11-12 hours.
- He's pretty much an expert on scooting backwards and turning in circles. Occasionally he will get brave and inch a little forward to get a toy.
- Mommy and sister are still his favorite people... Dad, and strangers for that matter are also welcome to cuddle and squeeze him any time though- he is kind of a people magnet wherever we go! And he is the family member most likely to receive an "Awwwwww!" at any given moment. He's just a handsome, sweet fella, and more fun everyday.