My sweet, fun-loving, cuddly, and handsome baby boy, you've been one for a little over a week now! Mommy and Daddy and sister are so thankful for you. You've brought a new sense of joy and wonder to our family, each milestone of your first year journey.
When I think about your future, it makes me excited and teary-eyed all at once, because I know that God must have some amazing plans for you. You have a way of making people smile and feel loved. Your little light shines so brightly, and I pray that the Lord will keep your heart tender and open to the things of Him, and that one day soon you will know Him as your personal Savior.
Here are some fun facts about you, John Bailey, at 12 months:
- You are officially weaned and drinking milk. It wasn't as tough of a transition as I thought it might be. You love your sippy cup and seem to enjoy the independence it brings.
- You are eating more variety in foods now that you are done with nursing and formula. You are still hesitant to try new things and are a "cautious" eater ;) Not that you are hurting for it... at your one year check up you were: 23.8 lbs and 30 1/4 inches. Still on track to play football in high school, and live off of your left thigh. I love it :)
- You are trying to say more and more things. You will repeat so many different sounds I couldn't list them all here. You have a way of saying more/please and all done by signing, and you also will make a big "rrruuufff!" noise any time you see a dog or a picture of one. Also I am pretty sure that you call mommy and Emme "mama." The two ladies you love! :) You will nod yes and no. Your communication has changed so much this past month- it's pretty crazy.
- You love to pat the Bible book and sing the song, and you will point and say "Jesus"
- Wrestling, grunting, and crawling all over Daddy is one of your favorite pastimes.
- Your favorite place is anywhere your sister is! You love her toys, her books, whatever game she is playing, or picture she is drawing. You love to be in her business. Luckily she kinda likes it too.
- You still LOVE Mommy and Daddy's phones. You will pick them up and start laughing, talking, and having a conversation.
- You can stand up by yourself and will stay there for a few seconds before dropping to the floor. I don't think that walking is on your radar yet- you are such an efficient crawler, I'm afraid you think that taking steps might just slow you down too much. For now you are content to cruise from place to place.
We love you, JB. We are so thankful that God placed you in our home. The next year is bound to be full of fun and adventures. We can't wait to explore it all with you.
Mommy & Daddy