Monday, March 24, 2008

Here I am again...

I'm back. I really am going to try and be better about posting... I ran into a friend today who gently reminded me that she likes to keep up with me on my blog! I'm trying anew today!

So I'm about to head to Sky Ranch in Van, Texas with over 100 fifth grade students on Wednesday. It is a time that I really look forward to. Besides the academic benefits of hands-on science and outdoor learning; It is so neat to see all of the kids personalities come out of the wood work. Some of my shiest students become outgoing, and the kids also get to see us teachers in a new and different element. Each year both the students and teachers put on a skit, we get to go horse back riding, and I've even heard talk of a water slide this year! It is truly an experience that the students talk about for the rest of the year.

I must say that Spring Break has been fabulous. The Lord knew that I really needed this time to be rejuvenated for the rest of the school year. It can be a little crazy as the spring hormones set in among the children over the coming weeks. :)

On the same note- I know that in my earlier post (much earlier, I know) I mentioned the TAKS pressure and upcoming tests. I am overjoyed to say that the Father has truly given me the fruits of those labors, and I am resting in the knowledge that my students have overcome that hurdle for the year in reading!

Off to finish laundry and start packing!

0 comments: