Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Mornings...

Ben and I have been teaching in the 11 o'clock Young Toddlers class for four years now! It is crazy how the time has flown by, and I was reflecting today on just how blessed we have been to serve in this ministry. We have the privilege of getting to know so many Godly parents and children. It is neat to see how Christ is woven into their lives from such an early age.

One of the coolest things we get to experience, are the relationships we develop with some of the families as their 1st born, then siblings, come through the room. I cherish the time I get to spend with such Godly counsel.

Ben and I have started babysitting for a few of the families. Last Friday we got to sit for 5 yr. old Jake and 2 yr. old Jed Simpson. We played with Jake's new bike, ate popsicles, and watched Garfield & Friends!

On Friday we are going to spend 3 whole days with the cutest kids in town, Lauren and Luke Rumley. We can't wait to take them to the water park, playground, and some other special treats while their mom and dad are out of town.

I learned today that another one of our toddler families lost their 3rd baby to miscarriage suddenly this week. The sweet mommy sent me a text this afternoon just letting me know she appreciated the love I was able to share with her toddler at Sunday School. Just hugging her little one helped her to know how much we're hurting for them.

I'm so thankful to the LORD that he has entrusted us with these precious ones. They are a sweet spot in my week, and I pray that each of them comes to the knowledge of our Savior quickly. He is our only hope in a fallen world.

0 comments: