Sunday, June 7, 2009

10..9..8..7...

So our countdown is officially beginning. I marked 30 weeks this past Thursday, and am amazed that baby Emme will be in our arms in just a couple short months! It has been strange how pregnancy seems to move in phases of really long... then really fast.... then the cycle repeats!

Since the whirlwind of teaching has come to a close, things don't seem to be slowing down any time soon. We are getting the room together and I have a shower on Saturday. Then Ben and I have a week planned in Austin at a resort. And before we know it, it is going to be July!

Wow! I feel so blessed to be at this point in my pregnancy. I think that Baby Emme is a miracle in every sense of the word- and I thank God and pray for her protection every day. Here is a little update on what our sweet pea is up to!

---Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. ---

30 WEEKS

0 comments: