Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Praying Through Your Pregnancy

Just stole this from a neat book I've been reading (title of the post).  I think these are great to pray for not only during pregnancy but into every stage with my kids!

Passion: Lord, please instill in my child a soul wiht a heart for You; a heart that clings passionately to You (Psalm 63:8) and the things that are good, true, noble, lovely, excellent and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).

Purpose: Lord, I pray that my child's life will serve Your purpose in his own generation (see Acts 13:36; Esther 4:14).

Faith: Lord, I pray that faith will find root and grow in my child's heart and that by faith my child may gain what has been promised to him (see Luke 17:5-6; Hebrews 11:1-40).  Reveal Yourself to my child at an early age (see I Samuel 3:7).

Favor: Lord, I pray  that my child will grow in stature and favor with You and with men (see I Samuel 2:26).

Courage: Lord, may my child always "be strong and courageous" in his character and actions (see Deuteronomy 31:6).

Contentment: Lord, teach my child "the secret of being content in any and every situation as You give him strength" (see Philippians 4:12-13).

1 comments:

Dana Ball said...

Beautiful, and I know that the Lord is eager to answer :)