Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gotta Brag on the Hubby

This morning I got up and reached for my phone as I do pretty much every day.  I saw there was a text from Ben that said, "I love you!" "Awww! He's sweet." I thought to myself.  I quickly responded, "Love you too!" and wandered sleepily into Emme's room (as she had been saying, "I wanna wake up!!!" for about 20 minutes).  Since I had already decided that today was going to be a PJ day, I just got her out of her pull-up and into some Minnie panties and then we followed our routine of going over into JB's room and getting him up (right now I usually have to wake him up around 8 or 8:30 to eat... I know it is wrong to wake up a baby... but since we are still working on sleeping all the way through the night it has to be done) :)  Then the three of us made our way into the living room and I started to feed the baby.  Starting episode 1 of Micky Mouse Clubhouse for our lazy day, I had no sooner sat down in the recliner then Emme ran over and said, "Mommy!! Look at dis! What dis?!"  She was holding a beautiful rose in her hand.

Oh my goodness!! I ran over to the kitchen where she had come from (poor JB is pretty used to getting dragged along while nursing, taking multiple breaks during nursing to tend to "random" incidents, or feeding on-the-go... I could go on for days about how laid back this child is... but that is another post, and I digress...)  Here is what I found sitting on the counter:


Such a GREAT surprise!! Ben knows how much I love Starbucks, and I used to indulge in it way more- but now it is hard for me to get out of the house or time feedings after outings to go and grab a coffee.  He had left extra early to go to the store to get me one before driving back out to Frisco for work.  He also picked up that lovely rose and 2 treats for Emme and I to bake together.  We have gotten into the habit of baking at least one thing together every Thursday, but this had been a very busy week and I had not had a spare minute to get to the store... and considering the lack of energy I had had last night, I had casually mentioned to Ben that I doubted I would make the trip out with both kids today (hence no baking, and a sad, sad Emme).  It made me smile from ear to ear that he would be so thoughtful- not just for me, but for Emme too.

I finally connected the dots on the text from the morning too :)  I immediately called Ben to thank him and he asked if we had looked in Emme's play house yet?  We hadn't, so we peeked in while I was on the phone with him.  He had also left a rose for Emme.  She was pretty stoked... Exhibit A.


All of this to say. I am really thankful for my husband for turning this potentially ho-hum, lazy Thursday into something a little more special.  It was funny because I was seriously out of energy- but the shot of love and espresso my husband sent me actually got me motivated to clean the house as well today! I think I got myself a good one....  God has really given me a wonderful guy :)



1 comments:

Suanna said...

Amen! for thoughtful husbands.