Monday, January 16, 2012

JB's 2 Month Update



I can't believe that JB is 2 months old.  What a joy it has been so far!! Here are some fun facts about our little guy:
  • Talk about smiling? This kid has been smiling since about 3 weeks old.  At first mom and Ben didn't believe me- but they soon witnessed it too.  He is an easy smiler.  If you show off your pearly whites to him... you will get a sweet gummy smile right back.
  • He is cooing like crazy.  The combination of coo and smile seriously melts my heart- even at 2 am.
  • Speaking of 2 am- as of right now he is doing about a 5 hour stretch (usually from 8 to 1) and then usually wakes about every 3 hours...or more... from there.  Mommy would love some more sleep soon, but luckily he will go down pretty easily after feeding so that is good. (Maybe I should read this post to him?) I also have to give him mad props for being an amazing napper so that helps to make up for the current lack of night time zzz's.
  • JB loves to sit on the activity mat and look at the lights, and tummy time is something he actually really enjoys and rarely fights.  I am spoiled by how easily entertained he is.  It's no joke that he can sit on that mat for a good 30 minutes and stare and stare.  He seems to be quite the observer.
  • He has two favorite toys right now, and both have black and white patterns on them.  He literally tracks them like a hawk and grins from ear to ear when you put them in front of him- so funny!
  • JB can roll onto his side and has been doing this for about the past  2 weeks or so.  There are literally times that he is just sooo close to making it all the way to his belly. It has been really consistent so I'm predicting that he will be an early roller.
  • I love snuggling and cuddling with JB!!  It is so fun to kiss him and look into his eyes, and pat his bottom as he drifts off to sleep.  It is so neat having a baby that will let me do that to him :)
  • He takes quite a bit of affectionate abuse from his big sister.  Emme is so completely in LOVE with him and is ever the helper.  I have a ready supply of diapers, wipes, toys, pacis... anything I could ever need (or not haha) and if she can do something for him- I let her.  He is smothered in her kisses and hugs daily.
  • JB is not a huge fan of the paci.  It is good occasionally for a fussy moment during the day- other than that- don't bother trying, it is one of the only things that makes him get irritated ;)
  • I know I'm totally bias but I still get blown away by what a great baby he is.  And I also think he is super smart (again I know I'm the mama- but what can I say?) He is already reaching for toys on the bouncer and play mat, and will also do this sort of "laughing" talk- so stinkin' cute!! He is very responsive to Mommy, Daddy, and Emme's voices and is just a happy go lucky little guy.
  • Stats at today's check-up: 12.8 lbs and 22 3/4 inches.   
I can't wait to see what the next month will bring.  Love you buddy!

1 comments:

Suanna said...

He is so cute. It sounds like he is doing great. You are a good Mama.