Friday, July 13, 2012

"New York is to the nation what the white church spire is to the village - the visible symbol of aspiration and faith, the white plume saying the way is up!" E.B. White

Our last day in the big city we went down to the south side and took the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  I loved getting to see all the history and thinking of all the thousands of immigrants that came to our great country via NY not too long ago.  Over 60% of the population can trace their ancestors back through Ellis Island.  Really cool... I would love to come back again and spend even more time at the museum.  They had so many neat pieces of memorabilia, people's stories, pictures, etc. Just taking in all of the beauty of this place was such a memorable experience, and made me somehow feel so patriotic and thankful for the freedom we have in America.








Our last stop was Grimaldi's pizzeria for one last taste of the town before we headed back to Wisconsin.  We had a fabulous time and felt like we really did get to see and do it all while we were there.  I'm thankful to the Lord that He allowed Ben and I to make so many fun memories and I look forward to 10 more years and more adventures with my sweet hubby.

"NYC
What is it about you?
You're big
You're loud
You're tough
NYC
The shadows at sundown
The roofs, that scrape, the sky
NYC
The rich and the rundown

The parade goes byOh, NYC
You make 'em all postcards
You crowd, you cramp
You're still the champ
Amen For NYC, 
NYC
The shimmer of Times Square
The pulse, the beat
The drive, NYC
The city's bright
As a penny arcade
It blinks, it tilts, it rings
To think that I've lived here all of my life
And never seen these things
Oh, NYC"
- Annie

0 comments: