Thursday, July 12, 2012

Roadtrip!

About 3 weeks ago, we hit the road on a family vacation.  We decided to drive straight through the night and headed up to Wisconsin to visit Grammy & Pappy.  The kids did a great job, and we actually ended up enjoying the driving a lot more than I thought we would!  While the kiddos were sleeping, Ben and I got to catch up and have lots of talking time, which was really fun.  We did make a few pit stops along the way, including a spot that is  Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives location.


While we were there, Ben & I tried the calf-fries- which weren't actually that bad... but totally gross if you think about it for too long!  The restaurant was off of historic Route 66 so it was fun to stop and take a picture.


After about 19.4 hours of traveling, Emme started to feel carsick... I'll let you fill in the rest :)  Luckily we arrived at my parents house about 20 hours into the trip, so it was good timing. They really were excellent little traveleres. My parents took the kids for baths and naps so we could get in a little snooze, and then we headed out to a cute little Drive-in called Wayne's.  Every Thursday night they have a car show and hula hoop contest.  Just one of the many fun "Mayberry" type things that happens regularly in my parents' town of Cedarburg.





0 comments: