Friday, January 11, 2013

An Emme Update

This is a post that has been long overdue.  It's pretty crazy, scary, and humbling how fast Emme is growing up.  As we are approaching 3 1/2 quickly, I suddenly feel myself wanting to capture every moment possible with her.  In so many ways she is the picture of innocence, imagination, care-free, exploration.  She is my deep girl. She has lots of layers, and is an intensely loyal person.  The more you know her, the more you know her.  If I could freeze frame this phase of life with her, I would certainly be tempted.

Here's the part where I randomly record a few things that stand out to me about her:

  • She is a doer and go-getter.  It is hard to get her down in terms of energy.  She can be dog-tired, but will push through a good week at least before giving into a nap.
  • I have always known she would be an independent girl, but seeing how she has channeled that lately is pretty neat to watch. I think she thinks kind of out-of-the-box (much more creatively than me).  She will design and create things.  She will fold her napkin into shapes for example.  She found a little felt postcard someone had sent us for Christmas and picked it up to use as a welcome mat for her little tikes house in the playroom. It really was just the right proportion.  That kind of stuff amazes me because I would never think to do something like that.  Her princesses are always having tea parties or getting ready for a parade. She has many times decorated their little castle with her dress-up jewelry.  I love her imagination.
  •  I have walked in on her several times in her room "just organizing" as she would say.  A few weeks ago she told me she really wanted to rearrange her room.  I see her in the future as having to do something with art, but also maybe math- like interior design or something.  She thinks very logically, but also so artistically. An interesting combo.
  • She is a planner and also has, I believe, the gift of service.  Just today we were at Chik-fil-a and while I was ordering she went behind me to the bar area and picked up 2 cups of cheerios, 2 ketchups, a straw for me, and table covers.  Her little hands were full as she headed back to where I was paying.  I had to remind her to stay by me but chuckled to myself because she was asking to go and set the table for us.  Again, I love this about her.  She shows initiative, and she isn't afraid to try. What a great quality for life! She loves to clean up the table for me, do laundry with me, tidy rooms, dust, put things into order. 
  • She loves her little brother. I mean loves. She still smothers him daily with hugs and kisses.  What I love is that she invites him into her world.  She wants him to be a part of her games and activities.  I always wait to get him up till after she is up because she feels that this is her job in the morning.  She is his number one defender and playmate.
  • Extremely communicative lately.  In another post, sometime soon, I hope to jot down some of things she's been sharing with us- both silly and serious ;)





0 comments: