Monday, April 16, 2012

5 month update


Excuse me? Did I just say 5 months?! ** sigh **
JB is seriously my big tub of baby goodness... I mean that honestly.  He is just so huggable, squeezable, loveable, kissable, and cuddleable (I just invented that word).   I'm not ready for him to grow up any more.  I know there are more fun times ahead, but I am so enjoying him in his cute baby state :)

Recent developments:
  • JB found his toes a few weeks ago and plays with them constantly
  • He has TWO teeth... and they are simply adorable (and sharp!)
  • JB can scoot himself off of his playmat
  • We are getting lots of noises these days, and even a few "Mama's" and "Da"- so clear even that Emme said, "JB just said, 'Mama!!'"
  • We just started rice cereal at dinner time this week. He was pretty consistently waking up around 5 am and eating for a long time before bed so I became convinced he was still hungry- and almost as soon as we started it he began sleeping thru that window of time again.  The first few days he gave us a lot of, "Seriously?!?" looks when we tried feeding it to him, but now that we pulled out the booster seat instead of the bumbo and with a little more adjustment to the cereal, he actually does seem to like it.  Emme also tried some and she didn't think it was all that great ;)
  • JB is pretty much down to 2 naps now and has an earlier bedtime of about 7:30 or so. He is getting a bath more consistently now (every couple of days) and he totally loves splashing in the tub.  He loves the water and getting to suck on a wash cloth too :)
  • He is still full of giggles and smiles, and is super ticklish
Happy 5 months, brother bear! We love you to the moon and back!!

    1 comments:

    Ashley said...

    I love my sweet JB!!! He is absolutely precious!!!