Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Festivities

Emme and I had a fun week doing little springtime and Easter activities.  I should mention that JB was there too... :) He just mostly had fun playing on his activity mat, sitting in the bumbo seat, or hanging out in the exersaucer.  Like I've said before, I'm blessed that he is such a laid-back dude and doesn't mind when his big sister and I take some time to play just the two of us.

Mind you, I am a self-proclaimed "non-crafty" person... so when I "craft" that means that I have picked out a pre-packaged thing from Target or something.  Anyway, I think Emme enjoyed it! I have a feeling that she will be my pinterest/etsy girl and will probably be begging me to join her once she figures it all out!  No doubt she could spend hours at Michaels (so I better start building up my stamina for craft stores haha).


One day we colored and stickered some Easter eggs.



We also made these cute little cupcakes in tiny flower pots to give to our neighbors.




Then we used the leftover batter to make a cake for Daddy.


We had fun making "Resurrection Rolls" too.


 *These are really yummy and are a fun way to talk about how Jesus (marshmallow) was placed in the linen wrappings (crescent roll), anointed with oil and spices (melted butter and cinnamon & sugar), and placed in the tomb (oven).  When you take the crescent rolls out of the oven, the marshmallow is completely dissolved so it mimicks how Jesus is Risen!  Very cool illustration (thanks DBC moms group for teaching me how to do this- hope to make it a tradition each year).




0 comments: