Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mommy in Training

Emme is such an amazing big sister.  God totally designed her to be JB's "second mommy."  She is extremely nurturing, compassionate, and tender towards her little bro and just loves to be with him.  Here are some of things she does to show this (consequently mommy feels pretty loved too):

  • take her room time cues from his nap time cues.  There have been many, many times that she is either eating lunch, playing, reading books... at any rate totally in the middle of something... and she will drop it all immediately when I say, "Em it looks like brother is getting tired."  I'm not even joking when she says, "Awwww, Ok, I sowwy buddy!" and she will happily get her things for room time and help me get him situated for his nap.  This has also been a huge help for me, because selfishly, that is when Mommy gets down time too and because she makes it so easy- I can have all 3 of us resting simultaneously most days.
  • sings to him when he cries.  When she sees him getting upset she will start singing "Jesus Loves Me"... and get this, about 95% of the time he totally settles down.  It is hilarious. She is his baby whisperer.
  • gets him/me a burp cloth about 1,000 times a day.  She actually gets pretty offended if you try to take this job away from her. 
  • picks up his toys, gets him new and more interesting toys, shows him how to play with them, makes them talk & sing, and will sit and play with him and the toys- even though he can't necessarily "play" back aside from cooing and smiling.
  • get diapers, wipes, Desitin, outfits... whatever I might need in the changing process- sometimes before I can even ask!
  • hold JB all the time.  Melts me entirely... she wants to hug and squeeze him constantly and wherever he is, she wants to be a part of it
Some cute things Emme says about her little guy:
  • "JB's my brother bear"
  • "Oh brother bear, dat's so silly!!"
  • "Are you cwyiing? Oh dat's ok, I wuv you!!"
  • "He's my chunky love. Brudder I wuv you!!" (bahahaha)
  • "He's my fuzzy buddy."
  • "Brother said, '_____'" (she loves to imitate whatever he's saying and then decipher it for me)
  • "Brother bear blows bubbles!  He so silly!"
  • "I play with my brother allllll day.  I wuv him"
  • "Brudder got my hair!! (JB has quite the habit of tugging on her hair since she likes to get right up in his business) Dat's ok, dats how he says I wuv you."






0 comments: